Active360 Paddle Boarding
Active360 is a vibrant and established paddle boarding school based in London. They run trips all over the world for example Myanmar, Slovenia, Budapest. They also run day trips and training sessions on the river Thames and Regents can so you may be able to get some pre-trip experience.
You will also be joining a group committed to the environment. 'We introduce people to rivers and oceans through SUP and try to engage them in work to protect those environments as well as providing good experiences on water and coaching to help them their aims.'
Join us for 1 week 1st - 7th July 2018.
You can also choose to join the activities below which run through the week.
- an eco-tour to give more of an insight into the natural landscape, wildlife and ecosystems
- a Coastal skills and Knowledge course, to equip our guests with the essential skills needed to navigate safely around the Hebrides on-board a crewed boat
- geo-mapping exercises of plastic pollution in the Hebrides. At the moment, the situation is not as dire as other locations around the UK, most likely due to good management of the situation by the government, and a conscious proactive attitude from local inhabitants
- a SUP Skills course delivered by racer, Phillip Mathers. We will be covering topics such as "knowing your board", safety, stroke analysis, fitness for SUP, effective movement and more.
- on-shore excursions, hikes, distillery visits, iconic towns and villages etc
Isle of Mull 2017
Fingals cave 2015
360 and the environment
We are keen to ensure that our sport SUP makes a positive impact on the environment. We particularly want to help protect marine environments as they are under threat worldwide. Without better protection and work to undo the worst environmental degradation there will come a time when Watersports are much less attractive. In some places this time is already here. Who wants to paddle around in plastic trash ? Paul Hyman - Director www.active360.co.uk